Sunday 28 June 2009

Kinglochleven to Kingshouse Hotel June 23rd Day 18



Left about ten in morning a steep climb for about an hour to reach first sumit. Worth every step because the views were stunning. The path nice thank you Alcan but it was very warm. At the top the pile of rocks you see were placed by each walker that passed by so I duly placed my own. They must be cleared on a regular basis as I am told 52,000 walkers do this every year. Across the top of the mountain ridge with a few walkers passing. There was a stunning view of the Blackwater Reservoir near the top of Devils staircase and an even better view of all the people puffing and panting coming up the other side. People of all ages and nationalities. Some carrying massive packs and on such a hot day. Luckily for me I was skipping down like a mountain goat. Leaving me an easy flat walk to Kingshouse.


FOOTNOTE ** Thanks Jimmy and Linda for sorting out the corn my feet feel wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment